OBELISK BLUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OBELISK BLUE

WELCOME ALL YOU WORTHY PLAYERS TO OBELISK BLUE

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
DON'T LET NOTHING STAND IN YOUR WAY!!!!!!

Cards Every Deck Should Have

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kale100
Recruit
Recruit

Cards Every Deck Should Have Empty
PostSubject: Cards Every Deck Should Have   Cards Every Deck Should Have Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Maybe not every deck, but most decks anyways. Are there any cards that are just that good, that versatile, that you think should be staples in every deck? If so, what do you think those cards are? Give you take, let's see what we got here.

There are the obvious cards that have been used as staples forever, such as...

Mirror Force
Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Swords of Revealing Light
Card Destruction
Mystical Space Typhoon

Solemn Judgment
Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Pot of Duality

Magical Cylinder - Negates an attack and inflicts the entire attack directly at their lifepoints!...you manage to use all 3 and you don't even need anything else!

Black Horn of Heaven - Counter trap that negates a special summon, no strings attached

One Day of Peace - Each player draws 1 card, and neither player takes damage until the end of the opponent's next turn. ...Buys yourself some time and an extra card to get out of a jam

Marshmallon - Yes I am that guy...but c'mon!

Metaion, the Timelord - One of my favorites. I don't know how many times this card has gotten me out of a jam...it just kicks so much ass. There are really only 2 threats to it, the commonly used Compulsory Evacuation Device, and the lesser used Dimensional Prison. This card is impervious to Mirror force, Bottomless Trap Hole, and Torrential Tribute. Here's the whole effect so you can see for yourself. Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this face-up Attack Position card. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: Return all other monsters on the field to the hand, and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card returned. During your Standby Phase: Shuffle this card into the Deck (even if face-down).

Waboku - An oldie but a goodie. Not many people use this card anymore, perhaps ya'll know it's old effect, but it got an upgrade a couple years ago, making it I think worthwhile to use again...You take no Battle Damage this turn. Your monsters cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of a New Beginning - Ya'll know what this does, definately worth having if you got a deck with a couple of light and dark monsters.

Schwartzchild the Limit Dragon - This card is brand spankin' new, and I think worth using in any deck with light level synchros. It's lacking in power, but it's level 8 and essentially brings itself out...If your opponent controls a monster with 2000 or more ATK, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Tour Guide From the Underworld - To me, this card is basically a 1 card deck thinner that gets you a level 3 xyz. I like to pair it with (see below)

Wind-Up Zenmaines - Nothing to speak of in terms of power, but you basically get to destroy 2 of your opponents cards.
Back to top Go down
McOkayLovin
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Cards Every Deck Should Have   Cards Every Deck Should Have Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 am

A card that I see really well in the meta right now is Forbidden Lance. It gets over that Mermail Poseidon and it serves well with Blackship of Corn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cards Every Deck Should Have   Cards Every Deck Should Have Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:09 pm

I disagree with a lot of the cards on here. Swords of Revealing Light is not a staple anymore, same goes with Card Destruction. 

I believe semi-staples (cards that most decks use) include Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute, Bottomless Trap Hole, Dimensional Prison/Compulsory Evacuation Device, Forbidden Lance, Solemn Judgment/Warning, Pot of Duality, and some form of Effect Veiler, Breakthrough Skill, or Fiendish Chain (I prefer Breakthrough). 

However, Dark Hole is getting dropped in today's format a lot too, unfortunately. 

Also, think about what's anti-meta at the moment! Hope this helps:)
Back to top Go down
Kale100
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Cards Every Deck Should Have   Cards Every Deck Should Have Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Yeah some of the older ones are phasing out as the constant need for stronger cards arises. In terms of anti-meta, I think Metaion is one of the best...Go ahead, summon your field full of synchros and xyzs, they'll all just go back right where they came from Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cards Every Deck Should Have   Cards Every Deck Should Have Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cards Every Deck Should Have
Page 1 of 1